The purpose of this position is to provide strategic and advisory support to the CEO and the business on operational matters related to finance, budget management, relevant compliance and legal frameworks as well as corporate services. The ideal candidate will be someone who is a qualified Chartered Accountant (CA) with a minimum of 10 years’ post articles and executive management experience. The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Key Performance areas:
- Formulate and implement the division’s strategy in line with the vision, strategy and goals of the company, from a Financial Management perspective.
- Ensure that the Company maintains a clean audit,
- Provide ongoing administrative support to the Internal audit function
- Provide proactive leadership to the CEO, Board and Management on strategic financial matters.
- Contribute positively to SAMRO’s strategic planning processes and provide high level financial leadership and commercial acumen.
- Oversee and ensure that the Company’s financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future financial growth.
- Work with other GM’s and teams to grow the business in the formulation of strategies and plans in line with sound financial management principles.
- Ensure preparation of the Company’s yearly budget that is aligned to the strategy of the organisation utilising appropriate budget assumptions.
- Manage the financial position of the Company by analysing the current and future business operations and plans to determine financial effectiveness.
- Oversee the development of annual and interim financial reports for SAMRO Group and its subsidiaries.
- Monitor major and critical financial risk issues and manage the process for elevating risks to the CEO and/or relevant Board committee(s) where appropriate. Propose appropriate risk-mitigating actions.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met within portfolio of responsibility.
- Serve as a member of Committee/s as required and provide sound and fully supported recommendations and advice.
- Lead the development and implementation of policies, processes and guidelines applicable for functional areas of responsibility to ensure compliance and direction.
- Oversee the provision and implementation of appropriate systems, tools and procedures to effectively manage the financial management within the Company.
- Report on an ongoing and timely basis to internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to the CEO, Audit & Risk Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Set clear performance standards for direct reports, provide appropriate feedback and identify talent and develop successors.
- A CA designation or similar;
- Minimum of 10 years’ post articles and executive management experience;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills;
- Extensive reporting skills;
- Must have the ability to multi-task and be well organised and
- Must be able to exercise professional judgement and leadership with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Big picture thinker;
- High energy levels;
- Ability to lead the finance division effectively;
- Management of client relations and key stakeholders;
- Accurate & detail orientated and
- High levels of emotional intelligence.
- The CEO
- The SAMRO Board of Directors,
- Audit and Risk Committee
- GM’s at SAMRO
- Various internal committees
- External Auditors and Internal Auditors
If you are confident that you have the necessary qualification and experience to perform the above-mentioned duties, please forward your CV (stating which position you are applying for) in confidence to email@example.com
Closing date: 24 March 2023
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity requirements.
If you do not receive a response within two weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.